Hello, From The Pineapple Team!
TIPS OF TRAVELLING CHEAPER
- Compare prices on your favourite flight comparison websites to get a general price for your flight.
- Head over to JustFly to check if they have any discounted flights for your route.
- Find your accommodation. We use booking.com for Europe and America whilst Agoda often offers better deals for Asia. If you are thinking of staying in hostels, Hostelworld has thorough listings of the different options for you but double-check that prices aren’t cheaper on Agoda.
- Budget in advance. We have a collection of cost of travel posts that can help you plan your trip but check out attraction websites to help you make a helpful, accurate budget for your trip.
- Slow travel. When possible, choose to travel slowly and take slower routes such as buses and trains overflights. This is often cheaper but also gives you more time to appreciate and learn more about your destination.
- Browse the internet to see if your chosen destination as a travel card or Explorer card. We love the city passes that include hop-on-hop-off buses, especially if we are only in a city for a few days.
- Browse the free tours available for your chosen destination; you will be surprised at how many walking tours are free or how many free or cheap audio tours you can find on the app store.
This European country is a popular destination, with Prague becoming a fantastic summer and winter destination. Prague at Christmas is amazing! The lights and markets just transform the city to something magical and beautiful.
The Czech Republic is one of the cheapest countries to visit in Europe. Make sure you explore beyond Prague to get cheap hotels and unique history but without the crowds
Budget – 350+ CZK for hostel beds
Mid-range – 1500 – 2000 CZK for 3-4 star hotels
It is a great idea to rent an apartment from Airbnb, especially if you choose to stay on the outskirts of the city – you can get whole apartments from 900 CZK a night.
Argentina is a beautiful country that is well worth travelling. Depending on where you are in the world, hotel and flight prices may differ in cost, however, once you are in the country, food, drink, transport and attractions make up for the price of accommodation.
Budget – 200 – 500 ARS for a dorm bed or private rooms with a shared bathroom. Mid-range – Private rooms or homestays cost around 800 – 1500 ARSFood
Cafe meals cost around 100 ARS, double that if you want a drink too.
A sit-down restaurant in a decent restaurant will cost between 300 – 500 ARS.
Google image Kyrgyzstan and be amazed at how beautiful this country is. You will be surprised to see how stunning this country truly is and would urge everyone to visit. YES, it is safe, and somewhere you should consider visiting this year.
Stay with a nomadic family or follow the ancient silk road, stay in a yurt and visit historic sites around the country. Head to the breathtaking red mountains of Kyzyl-Oi and awe at the red rock Jeti-Oguz.
Private rooms in guesthouses cost around 800 – 1200 SOM.
Meals at cafes cost around 300 SOM
Sit down meals for 2 costs around 1000 SOM.
Beer costs around 80 SOM.