Hello, From The Pineapple Team
Hi there! We hope everyone had a great week! This week, we're going to show you how to make these amazing pineapple cookies. If you like buttery, crumbly and melt-in-your-mouth cookies, this is the recipe for you!
These Pineapple Cookies are actually a staple desert during Chinese New Year. Locally, these delicious treats are called 'Nastar'. Commonly found in many areas of Southeast Asia, such as Malaysia or Indonesia. Made with a fresh filling and juicy pineapple which is cooked and reduced to a golden-colour pineapple jam filling. Not many cookies can top this. Let's get started!
PINEAPPLE FILLING:2 whole pineapples
1 - 1 1/2 cups sugar, to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
EGG WASH:2 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon oil
- Remove all skin and stock off of the pineapple.
- Slice the pineapple, and blend in a blender until it becomes a puree.
- Add Pineapple puree and cloves to a non-stick pot and cook on medium heat. Constantly stirring to avoid burning.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, stir to combine well.
- Lower heat to simmer, continue to stir until Pineapple filling becomes golden and sticky.
- Transfer the pineapple filling out, remove the cloves and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cream the butter and condensed milk until light and fluffy. Add in the egg yolk one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Mix in the flour slowly to form the pastry dough. The dough is ready when it no longer sticks to your hands.
- Prepare the egg wash by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Divide the pineapple filling and dough into 100 portions. Roll them both into balls. To wrap, use your palms to roll each dough and then flatten it.
- Add pineapple ball in the middle and fold edges of the dough to cover up the filling.
- Finish it off by rolling into a round ball.
- Place the pineapple cookie on a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper.
- Using the back of a pairing knife, cut the criss-cross shape on the cookie and brush the top of the cookie with the egg wash, twice.
- Place in oven, and bake at 330F for about 20 minutes until golden brown. ENJOY!!!!
This recipe is seriously so simple to make and great for the summer. If you've enjoyed, feel free to share with us on Instagram @thepineappleeverything! We hope you've enjoyed this week's blog! We will see you next week with another blog. While you're here, check out our 3 favourite products of the week!
Leave a comment