Happy Easter Hens!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Hard boiled or hollowed out eggs
- Yellow craft paint (or egg dye)
- Green Craft Paper
- Hot glue gun
- Hot Glue Gun
HOW TO MAKE:
- Paint or dye all your eggs yellow and let dry completey
- In the meantime, cut out your pineapple leaves! Cut out leaves in various sizes. I used four sizes, starting with 3″ (for the two center leaves), then 2″ (four or five leaves), then 1.5″ (six to eight leaves) and ending at about 1″ (ten leaves).
- Fire up your glue gun. Starting with your tallest leaves, bend over about a quarter inch on the bottom of each. Place a dot of glue on the underside of the tab you just made and glue to the top of your egg. Repeat with the second leaf, gluing it right on top of the first leaf’s tab.
- Move to your two inch leaves now. Fold over a slightly narrower tab on the bottom and repeat the same steps as above to glue around your two center leaves.
- Once you get to your final two sizes of leaves, you’ll no longer fold over tabs. Instead, place a dot of glue at the bottom of the back of each leaf and glue it directly to the previous leaves. I like to stagger mine, gluing the new row to the seams of the previous row. Work your way around using your 1.5″ leaves and then your 1″ leaves to finish it off!
- Finally, curl the tips of your leaves with your fingernail to give them a pineapple-y look!