Hello, From The Pineapple Team!
We hope you had a good week! Today's blog will be Valentine's day themed. We will be talking about some of the best valentine's day themed drinks. Surprise surprise. We hope you enjoy! 🍸
These cocktails are the perfect combination of boozy and sweet. They’re guaranteed to set the tone for an extra romantic Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re hosting an intimate party for two or a larger event, these cocktails are a perfect addition. Plus, they’re very easy to make which means you can whip them up in just a few minutes.
1.) Strawberry Rose Ginn Fizz 🍓
6 beautiful strawberries
2 teaspoons sugar
4 shots gin
1 teaspoon rose water
pinch of salt
1/2 cup club soda (or, to taste)
- First, wash and de-stem the strawberries. Next, dice the strawberries into small pieces, like 12 pieces from one berry. Tiny.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the strawberries. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then, mash the strawberries with a fork to release their juices.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and then add the strawberry mixture, gin, rose water and a pinch of salt (just trust me). Shake, then divide between two glasses.
- Top each glass off with club soda and squeeze a lime wedge into each glass.
2) Cherry Chocolate Bourbon Soda 🍒
- 3/4 c. homemade cherry-vanilla soda (recipe below) or other cherry soda
- 15 drops Taza Mexican chocolate extract
- 1 oz. Bourbon
Add the soda, chocolate extract, and bourbon to a glass with several ice cubes in it. Stir gently, then serve immediately.
3) Valentine's Day Cocktail 💖
1 1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz Amaro Montenegro
1/2 oz Aperol
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Grenadine
1 egg white
freshly ground cinnamon (for garnish)
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup fine bakers sugar
1 oz pomegranate molasses
For the grenadine
- Add pomegranate juice, sugar, and pomegranate molasses into a small saucepan over very low heat. Stir continuously until sugar dissolves, immediately remove from heat and let cool. Set aside.
For the cocktail
- Add the egg white and the lemon juice to your shaker. When making cocktails that contain egg whites it's always good practice to add the egg whites first. That way, if a little yolk accidentally falls in, you can start over without wasting the other ingredients.
- Add your homemade grenadine, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro, and gin.
- Then dry-shake (shake without ice) for 10 full seconds. This helps the egg white become super frothy, adding to the creamy texture of the drink. Briefly set aside.
- Add ice to a standard old fashioned glass.
- Once your glass is prepped, fill your shaker with ice and shake vigorously for a full 30 seconds.
- Double strain over ice into your old fashioned glass.
- At this point the cocktail is complete. Simply garnish with freshly grated cinnamon over the cocktail, or get festive and make a heart-shaped stencil out of construction paper to use to grate your cinnamon.
4) Cupid's Cocktail 💘
- 16 oz champagne
- 8 oz cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 oz vodka
- 6 oz water
- Pink food dye
- 2 Strawberries
A few hours before you plan to make the cocktails, prepare the vodka ice cubes.
Stir 2 oz of the vodka with the water and dye to your preferred colour with the pink food dye. Pour into the heart-shaped ice cubes and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
It's also helpful to deseed your pomegranate beforehand - our favourite method is cutting the pomegranate in half, holding it over a bowl filled 1/4 of the way with cold water and whacking the back of the pomegranate with a wooden spoon, letting the seeds drop into the water.
When ready to serve, place your ice cubes and pomegranate seeds in your champagne flutes. Fill each with 2 oz grapefruit juice, then skewer your strawberries and place on top.
Top with champagne and enjoy it immediately.
5) Kiss Me Quickly Cocktail 💋
For The Cocktail
- 8 Ounces of Fresh Raspberry Sauce, Divided.
- 4 Ounces of Vanilla Cake Vodka, Divided.
- 8 Ounces of Pineapple Juice, Divided.
For The Raspberry Sauce
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- 2 Cups of Water.
- 12 Ounces of Fresh Raspberries.
For The Cocktail
- Place 4 ounces of the raspberry sauce in each glass, then 2 ounces of the vodka in each glass, then 4 ounces of the pineapple juice in each glass, mix them up and enjoy!
For The Raspberry Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, place the water and granulated sugar in it and on medium-high heat mix together until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add the raspberries and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat and strain the raspberry/sugar mixture over a bowl, throw away the fruit from the strainer then place the syrup back into your saucepan.
- Simmer the raspberry sauce for 15 more minutes, then strain again, let cool and place into your drink.
Thank you for reading and we hope you have enjoyed our blog this week. While you're here, feel free to check out our 3 Fav products this week!