Happy Fall From The Pineapple Team!
Baking is one of our favorite activities, all year round of course, but even more so during the colder months. Bringing our friends and families together with delicious homemade treats uplifts the soul and satisfies our cravings for something sweet! This is why we wanted to re-share one of our most favorite recipes ever: Pineapple Coconut Quickbread.
This sweet treat is naturally sweetened and makes the perfect snack time pick-me-up with it’s delicious tropical flavour. Spice it up for a desert and add caramel sauce and French vanilla ice cream for an even more decadent treat or use it as French toast served with rum sautéed pineapple for a truly tropical treasure!
How To Make Pineapple Coconut Quickbread:
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread coconut on a baking sheet.
- Toast coconut, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes; set aside.
- Butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Fold in pineapple and 1 cup coconut into the batter.
- Pour into prepared pan, and smooth top; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes (cover pan with foil halfway through).
- Let cool on a wire rack.
TIME TO ENJOY
With full stomachs, warm hearts, and a whole lot of pineapple, we can make the remainder of 2020 a fantastic year to remember. To boost your serotonin even further, we recommend filling your home with things that bring you joy. The Pineapple Everything has tons of home goods and décor to bring pineapple joy to your home-take a look at three awesome items below that are sure to uplift you this fall and head over to our store for even more amazing items that are perfect for your home for fall and year round!
FEATURED PRODUCTS OF THE WEEK