Be the hostess with the mostest!
With the end potentially in sight, we are already starting to plan our first post-pandemic party and want everything to be perfect! If you’re like us, you know that perfect can ONLY be achieved when pineapples are involved and that is why we will definitely be busting out one of our all time favourite party foods - The Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip! This STUNNING creamy, spicy masterpiece demands attention and when you finally muster the courage to break into it your taste buds sing! Want to learn how to make this beautiful pineapple-inspired dip? Then keep on reading!
What you will need:
- 1- 227g package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple, squeezed dry
- 1/4 large orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw pecans
- 3-4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Grainy Mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground white peper
- Pinch cayanne pepper
- 75-100 perfect pecan halves (or alternatively, crackers such as ritz), to make the pineapple effect
What you will do:
- Trim the top off your pineapple and cut it in half lengthwise. Hang on to the nicest looking half and discard the other one.
- Chop about a cup of the pineapple flesh (you'll need about a quarter of a large one) and then squeeze out as much juice as you can from it; reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice, mustard, white pepper, cayenne pepper and mix with an electric mixture on medium speed until smooth and creamy in texture, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the reserved chopped pineapple, bell pepper, celery, pecans and parsley and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined
- Turn this mixture onto a serving plate, (be sure to choose one that's big enough to accomodate the pineapple top as well) and shape the spread into a barrel.
- Cover with perfect pecan halves, starting at the bottom and working your way to the top, sligthly overlapping each new row and keeping the pecans nice and tight as you go.
- Place the pineapple top at top to finish the effect; refrigerate until ready to serve, ideally a couple of hours, to allow for flavors to develop.
- Now all that is left is to get your favorite crackers or bread and let your eager guests devour this delicious tropical delicacy!
Want to level up your post-pandemic party even more? Check out these items below!
Leave a comment